DEVELOPMENT SERVICES AND DATABASE COORDINATOR (DSDC)
The DSDC will be responsible for duties related to donor correspondence and
database activities. Must be computer proficient with excellent customer service
and communication skills. Database experience required, BB Raiser’s Edge
preferred. See full job description below.
The Development Services and Database Coordinator is responsible for all aspects related to donor database activities. Duties include but may not be limited to maintaining the integrity and consistency of all donor records, coding and configuration management, processing and acknowledging gifts and pledges, creating and running reports and queries, exporting and importing data as needed, creating and executing mail merge documents, and providing superior customer service support with an emphasis on courtesy, confidentiality and discretion. This position provides development services to all key areas of the department including memberships, major gifts, grants, events, capital campaigns, and annual programs. The DSDC also works with other departments such as Accounting, Visitor Services, and Information Technology to implement all processes related to the donor database. All duties are to be performed in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Raiser's Edge database maintaining the integrity and consistency of all donor records.
- Review contribution correspondence, determine donor intent, and process contributions to ensure funds are properly allocated and donor receives appropriate recognition, acknowledgement, and tax information.
- Coordinate the acknowledgement and fulfillment process for all gifts and membership transactions to ensure timely and accurate donor stewardship.
- Provide comprehensive donor giving lists for the annual report, donor walls, and other donor recognition installations and publications.
- Construct queries in the Raiser’s Edge to provide mailing lists for memberships, major gifts, grants, events, annual programs, and capital campaigns.
- Create and distribute membership cards, send reminders for renewal, and provide membership reports.
- Manage outstanding pledges and ensure timely reminders are sent in advance of installment date.
- Generate reports regarding restricted gifts and pledges for use by development director as well as other members of management.
- Provide comprehensive data analysis for the Development department including revenue reports and dashboards, as well as custom reports for various programs within development.
- Develop and maintain daily, monthly, and annual audits to ensure complete accuracy in processing and data integrity.
- Work with the Accounting department to reconcile development and accounting records, provide timely and accurate financial reports on a daily, monthly and as needed basis.
- Maintain records and generate reports for annual audit preparation.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive policy and procedures manual for Raiser's Edge.
- Maintain a sophisticated understanding and ability to troubleshoot problems related to the Raiser's Edge database.
- Assist in training staff regarding best practices as related to the donor database, and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of new releases, upgrades, training opportunities and integrated software as related to Blackbaud Products.
- Field incoming calls, greet visitors, and respond to donor inquiries.
- Respond to customer and donor requests and complaints.
- Coordinate schedule with development team to ensure adequate office coverage.
- Coordinate direct mail initiatives.
- Compile estimated costs, submit purchase requests, track expenses, and prepare reports for assigned projects.
- Run business related errands as needed or requested.
- Assist co-workers with administrative functions.
- Assist with preparation, distribution and maintenance of development funding proposals to include copying material, package assembly, data entry, and filing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Foundation management.
This position has no direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree with one to two years’ related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education.
- experience in database systems and gift processing
- experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge database preferred
This position requires the aptitude and willingness to perform the following KSA’s in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation. An effective DSDC will:
- arrive to work on time and work as scheduled
- present a professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor at all times
- demonstrate effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- possess strategic planning and analytical skills
- be detail and deadline oriented with a strong work ethic
- be creative, highly motivated, outgoing, and team oriented
- possess excellent computer and technical skills with all Microsoft Office programs including database management and troubleshooting
- have experience working directly with members or donors
- have a proven track record for setting and achieving challenging goals
- have experience handling sensitive situations with diplomacy
- the ability to work collaboratively as a team member to develop programs that maximize fund raising income from members
- exhibit the ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- offer a track record for setting and managing procedures and systems necessary for the operation of a donor database system
- work weekend and evening hours as needed or requested
LANGUAGE and COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- exhibit above average public relations and customer service skills, exhibit above average written and communication skills, and work well with the general public
- maintain a positive relationship and work well with management, co-workers, and volunteers
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- · demonstrate the ability to make common sense decisions
- · exhibit a high level of skill with problem resolution
- · exhibit a high level of confidentiality
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand or walk; however, rarely required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The National D-Day Memorial is an outdoor facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions in addition to a standard office environment. Dependent on the task or circumstance, the employee might be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet to moderate.
To be considered, please submit cover letter and resume by 12/5/14.
Mailing Address: National D-Day Memorial, HR Dept., P. O. Box 77, Bedford, VA 24523; or
No phone calls please. EOE