Policies and Memorial Guidelines
Please take into consideration the sensitive and emotional nature of the Memorial by adhering to the following site rules:
- Please take special care to watch children. Running, climbing, or yelling are not appropriate.
- Wading, playing, or throwing objects into the reflection pool is strictly prohibited.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking while on monument grounds.
- No picknicking. (Liberty Lake Park is within 1/2 Mile of the monument). There are a few small tables on the deck of the Memorial’s gift store, however, these are not always available.
- No pets are permitted within the monument's perimeter
- Visitors are permitted to take pictures on the Memorial site with the understanding that they are not to be sold or used commercially without the express written permission the the Nation D-Day Memorial Foundation.
- Animals: With the exception of licensed guide dogs, no animals are permitted within the monument's perimeter. The Memorial has a kennel area to place pets while visiting the site. Inquire at the information table on the deck of the Memorial Store for more information.