General Site Policies:
Please take into consideration the sensitive and emotional nature of the Memorial by adhering to the following site rules:
• Please take special care to watch children. Running, climbing, or yelling are not appropriate.
• Wading, playing, or throwing objects into the reflection pool is strictly prohibited.
• No eating, drinking, or smoking while on monument grounds.
• No picnicking.(Liberty Lake Park is within 1/2 Mile of the monument).There are a few small tables on the deck of the Memorial’s gift store, however, these are not always available.
• No pets are permitted within the monument's perimeter
• Visitors are permitted to take pictures on the Memorial site with the understanding that they are not to be sold or used commercially without the express written permission the National D-Day Memorial Foundation.
Animals: With the exception of licensed guide dogs, no animals are permitted within the monument's perimeter. The Memorial has a kennel area to place pets while visiting the site. Inquire at the information table on the deck of the Memorial Store for more information.