The Accounting Assistant is a part-time position.
To apply please submit a resume with cover letter to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The National D-Day Memorial Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please see an overview of the duties provided below.
Although the primary functions of this job are performed in an office environment during normal business hours, the National D-Day Memorial is an outdoor facility, open seven (7) days per week. Weekend, evening, and holiday hours may be assigned for this position. Basic accounting experience is required with demonstrated knowledge of database software, Blackbaud preferred. Position will provide support to multiple departments – accounting, development, and retail, assisting with various tasks related to data entry and financial recordkeeping. The ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently or with others as assigned, and provide superior customer service is essential. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, as well as the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation. Telecommuting is not applicable for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the purchase request process by assigning purchase order numbers for approved expenses, maintaining associated spreadsheets, and filing approved documents.
- Perform duties related to accounts payable, cash receipts, and general ledger accounts using the Financial Edge software.
- Match purchase order requests to invoices, enter into the Financial Edge, and allocate appropriately for payment processing.
- Audit Daily Reports, confirm bank validation, note journal entry reference, and enter cash receipts.
- Audit Raiser’s Edge batches to verify accuracy and note journal entry reference.
- Reconcile bank statements, including credit card transactions, in preparation for monthly financial reporting.
- Perform duties related to accounting file management and maintenance.
- Assist with Foundation events to include set-up/clean-up or provide other support as assigned by management.
Development Office Duties (cross-training to provide back-up coverage when needed):
- Assist in the gift recording process by reviewing donor correspondence to determine donor intent, accurately processing donor contributions to ensure funds are properly allocated, and provide donor with appropriate recognition, acknowledgement, and tax information.
This position has no direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school with six months to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license required.
This position requires the aptitude and willingness to perform the following KSA’s in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation. An effective Accounting Assistant will:
- arrive to work on time and work as scheduled
- exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- exhibit the ability to cross-train and work effectively in multiple environments
- demonstrate effective organizational skills
- multi-task and exhibit a high level of skill with problem resolution
- be detail and deadline oriented with a strong work ethic
- be creative, highly motivated, outgoing, and team oriented
- exhibit above average public relations and customer service skills
- exhibit above average written and oral communication skills
- exhibit basic to intermediate computer skills with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications and the ability to learn other applications as duties require
- work well with the general public
- present a professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor at all times
- make common sense decisions
- work weekend and evening hours as needed or requested
- maintain a positive relationship and work well with management, co-workers, and volunteers
- develop and maintain accurate records
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods; however, he or she is rarely required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds but will rarely be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The National D-Day Memorial is an outdoor facility. Although primarily the duties of this position are performed in an office environment, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Dependent on the task or circumstance, the employee might be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.