|Primary Job Title:||Annual Giving Coordinator||Chief Duties:||Annual Giving, Memberships, & Database|
|Performance Rater:||Director of Development||Performance Reviewer:||Chief of Staff|
|Classification:||Regular Full-time||FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt|
|Weekends/Holidays:||As needed or assigned||Cross-training
support / backup:
|Flexible Work Schedule:||Yes, as coordinated with supervisor||Primary Work Location:||133 W. Main Street|
The Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating/measuring a comprehensive annual giving and membership program to support the Foundation’s annual operating budget. Work is of a confidential nature requiring tremendous initiative and a highly organized individual who is self-motivated. He/she must demonstrate the ability to work independently or collaboratively to achieve desired outcomes. The coordinator will design and execute multi-channel donor appeal/acquisition campaigns; develop reports; create spreadsheets; develop and present professional presentations; have practical experience with the Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software; and have fluent computer skills. All duties are to be performed in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation.
HOURLY SALARY RANGE:
$16.83 – $19.23 per hour
- Identify and convert prospective D-Day Society members (major giving society)
- Increase number of Overlord Society members (membership society)
- Increase number of annual donors
- Increase donor retention
- Increase average dollar amount of annual gifts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the implementation and management of a comprehensive annual giving program designed to broaden the Foundation’s donor base and increase overall participation and financial support.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare messages and content for annual giving correspondence through printed, electronic and verbal script materials.
- Manage the direct mail program by interacting with direct mail vendors, providing direction and troubleshooting issues.
- Manage and enhance the Foundation’s membership program.
- Ensure appropriate donor recognition and stewardship is provided.
- Maintain all programs that support annual giving.
- With the Director of Development, establish fundraising goals, objectives, strategies, schedules, and provide analytical results for each element of the annual giving program.
- Analyze data regarding annual giving programs and past giving trends to provide analysis of program results and to plan for future segmentation.
- Provide necessary oversight of the Foundation’s donor database.
- Perform necessary weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual database hygiene.
- Identify and make recommendations for movement of annual fund donors to major gift prospect status.
- Work with the Director of Development to identify planned giving prospects through direct mail efforts.
- Perform prospect research to identify potential major donors.
- Support the Director of Development and Associate Director of Development in major gift and capital campaign efforts.
- Work with the Associate Director of Marketing to coordinate a cohesive annual marketing effort to increase annual gifts through advertising, publications, e-appeals, social networking and events related to annual giving.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports on all annual giving activity.
- Participate in special cultivation events as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Foundation management.
This position requires the aptitude and willingness to perform the following KSA’s in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation:
- Arrive to work on time and work as scheduled.
- Assist with work schedule management to ensure appropriate office coverage to support donor needs.
- Present a professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrate effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strategic planning and analytical skills.
- Be detail and deadline oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Be creative, highly motivated, outgoing, and team oriented.
- Possess excellent computer and technical skills with all Microsoft Office programs including database management and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate experience working directly with members or donors.
- Possess a proven track record for managing processes to set and achieve challenging goals.
- Demonstrate experience handling sensitive situations with diplomacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as a team member to develop programs that maximize fund raising income from members.
- Exhibit the ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Work weekend, evening, and overtime hours as needed or requested.
- Some travel may be required.
This position has no direct reports.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree with experience in writing or communications required. Fundraising, database, and/or direct marketing experience is preferred. Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software. Familiarity with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge) or another database preferred. Ability and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a variety of departments is critical, as are initiative and imagination. Strong written and personal communication skills. Good organizational ability and inter-personal skills.
LANGUAGE and COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to create and interpret specialized reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups such as potential donors, volunteers, or employees of the organization.
- Exhibit above average written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and experience to prepare effective, grammatically correct text for appeals and other correspondence.
- Exhibit above average public relations and customer service skills.
- Work well with the general public.
- Maintain a positive relationship and work well with management, co-workers, donors, and volunteers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform analysis on financial data, including, but not limited to rate, ratio, and percent; and to prepare and interpret illustrative graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise independent judgement and make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to make sound common sense decisions.
- Exhibit a high level of skill with problem resolution.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver’s license required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand or walk; however, rarely required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The National D-Day Memorial is an outdoor facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions in addition to a standard office environment. Dependent on the task or circumstance, the employee might be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet to moderate.