Policies and Memorial Guidelines
Please take into consideration the sensitive and emotional nature of the Memorial by adhering to the following site rules:
- Please take special care to watch children. Running, climbing, or yelling are not appropriate.
- Wading, playing, or throwing objects into the reflection pool is strictly prohibited.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking while on monument grounds. There are several tables on the deck of the Memorial’s gift store, however, these are not always available. For picnicing, the Bedford Welcome Center has a patio area with tables that are accessible 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and for additional options, Liberty Lake Park is within 1/2 mile of the monument and Falling Creek Park is also a short driving distance away.
- No firearms allowed.
- Drones are not allowed.
- No alcohol allowed.
- Visitors are permitted to take pictures on the Memorial site with the understanding that they are not to be sold or used commercially without the express written permission of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation.
- Animals: With the exception of licensed guide dogs, no animals are permitted within the monument's perimeter. The Memorial has a kennel area to place pets while visiting the site. Inquire with the ticketing agent for more information.