CLEAR BAG POLICY
A clear bag policy will be enforced on June 6, 2019.
Approved bags include:
- Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar)
- small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
ITEMS PROHIBITED ON JUNE 6
Items will not be held/stored for visitors. Confiscated items will not be returned.
- Aerosols to include silly string
- Air horns/noisemakers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals other than service/ guide dogs
- Bags exceeding size restrictions (see Clear Bag Policy)
- Bags in violation of clear bag policy (to include purses larger than a clutch, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage, computer bags, camera bags, and diaper bags)
- Coolers or containers
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Fireworks or explosives
- Glass, thermal, or metal containers
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pointers
- Mace/pepper spray
- Selfie sticks
- Supports for signs and placards
- Toy guns
- Wrapped gifts
- Weapons of any kind
- Any other item determined to be a potential hazard
DRONE OPERATION PROHIBITED ON JUNE 6
Drone/UAS use is not permitted during the D-Day Event at Bedford, Va due to the following restrictions and Special Use Air Space for the Aerial Tribute to WWII Veterans.
Drone/UAS use over people and Special events where a crowd is assembled is unlawful without permission of the FAA. Operating a Drone/UAS in airspace controlled by the FAA such as a TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) Airspace is unlawful. A Drone/UAS cannot be used to fly over any people or one hour before any event until one hour afterward outside of Special Use Air Space.
The penalties can be both civil and criminal. The minimum civil penalty is $27,500. The maximum criminal penalty is a fine of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to three years.
Please see the Security section under FAQs for more information.